In this dust and pollution inclusive environment, it’s practically impossible to have clear skin. We see in all these commercials that it is highly necessary to apply skincare products and oils to make your skin brighter and clearer, but, that is not at all true. There’s a natural and easy solution to all your problems which is eating and applying fruits.
Want to know which fruits to eat and which ones to apply? Well, this article has all that information. All you have to do is read on to get glowing skin without having to resort to makeup or expensive skin treatments. Let’s begin.
How To Use Oranges For Glowing Skin
- Consume half an orange each day.
- Drink freshly pressed orange juice with the pulp. Avoid the pulp if you have stomach ulcers or are suffering from IBS/IBD.
- Add oranges to your salad, pizza, stew, cakes, and chocolates.
- Add orange juice to your smoothie.
- Apply orange juice topically wherever you have pigmentation. Rinse off after 10 minutes.
- For oily skin, mix 3 tablespoons of orange juice, 1 teaspoon of lemon juice, 2 tablespoons of gram flour, and ½ teaspoon of turmeric. Apply as a pack.
- For dry skin, mix 3 tablespoons of orange juice, 1 teaspoon of lemon juice, 1 teaspoon of milk, ½ teaspoon of turmeric, and 1 teaspoon of honey and apply on your skin.
How To Use Avocado For Glowing Skin
- Add avocado to your salad, burritos, wraps, breakfast bowl, sandwiches, etc.
- Make an avocado and spinach smoothie.
- Prepare an avocado dip by mixing it with yogurt or hummus.
- Use avocado in cakes or as a topping.
- Mash an avocado and apply it to your skin. Rinse off after 10 minutes.
- For oily skin, mash a small piece of avocado with rose water and a pinch of camphor. Rinse off after 10 minutes.
How To Use Cucumber For Glowing Skin
- Add cucumber to your salads, wraps, sandwiches, smoothies, etc.
- Prepare a glass of refreshing cucumber pulpy juice and add a dash of lime juice, roasted cumin powder, and pink Himalayan salt for taste and flavor.
- Eat a cucumber as a snack in the evening.
- Grate a cucumber and mix it with 1 tablespoon of gram flour and 1 teaspoon of rose water to reduce inflammation in acne-prone skin.
- Mix the grated cucumber, 1 tablespoon of milk, and 1 teaspoon of coconut oil to moisturize dry skin.
- Mix the grated cucumber, 1 tablespoon of lime juice, and sugar to scrub your hands and feet.
How To Use Mango For Glowing Skin
- Add mango to your smoothie, breakfast bowl, or fruit salad.
- Mash a small piece of mango and apply it all over your skin. Rinse off after 10 minutes.
- For oily skin, mix mango, rose water, and lime juice and apply it on your skin. Wash with cold water after 10 minutes.
- For dry skin, apply a mask of mashed mango, 1 teaspoon of yogurt, and 1 teaspoon of honey. Wash with room temperature water after 10 minutes.
How To Use Watermelon For Glowing Skin
- Have a medium bowl of watermelon as an afternoon snack or for breakfast.
- Drink freshly made watermelon juice in the morning or evening.
- Make a fruit salad with watermelon.
- Add watermelon to add a zing to your otherwise dull smoothie.
- Mash a watermelon and apply it to your skin. Rinse off after 10 minutes.
- For oily skin, mix 3 tablespoons of watermelon juice, 1 tablespoon of lime juice, 1 tablespoon of Fuller’s earth, and 1 teaspoon of rose water. Rinse with cold water after the mask dries.
- For dry skin, mix 3 tablespoons of watermelon juice, 1 tablespoon of lime juice, 1 teaspoon of honey, and 1 teaspoon of aloe vera. Rinse off after 10 minutes.
How To Use Kiwi For Glowing Skin
- You can blend a kiwi with spinach and grapefruit to make a yummy morning smoothie.
- Just blend a kiwi and add 1 teaspoon of honey to it to enjoy a soothing juice.
- Peel and slice a kiwi and eat it as an evening snack.
- Add chopped kiwi to a salad.
- Mash a kiwi and apply it to your skin. Wash off after 10 minutes.
- Mash a kiwi and add ½ teaspoon of turmeric and apply it to hydrate and lighten your skin.
How to use banana for Glowing Skin
- Add banana to oatmeal for breakfast.
- Add a banana to your smoothie or breakfast bowl.
- You can prepare banana muffins or banana bread.
- Apply mashed banana all over your skin to make it soft and supple instantly.
How To Use Papaya For Glowing Skin
- Eat a bowl of papaya for breakfast or as an evening snack.
- You can prepare papaya smoothie by blending papaya, lemon juice, and pink Himalayan salt.
- Mash a small piece of papaya and apply it on your skin. Rinse off after 10 minutes.
- Mix mashed papaya with lemon juice and ¼ teaspoon of turmeric and apply it on the pigmented and scarred areas. Rinse off after 10 minutes.
- For dry and flaky skin, apply mashed papaya with half a teaspoon of almond oil. Wipe it away with a soft wet cloth after 10 minutes.
- Make a papaya scrub using a small piece of papaya, 1 teaspoon of orange peel, and 1 tablespoon of rose water (for oily skin) or honey (for dry skin). Use gentle circular motions to scrub your skin. Rinse with room temperature water.
How To Use Grapes For Glowing Skin
- Consume a small bowl of grapes.
- Add grapes to your morning smoothie.
- Add sweet and red grapes to the chicken stew to give it a sweet edge.
- Add grapes to your breakfast bowl.
- Add grapes to your fruit salad.
- Mash grapes and apply it on your skin. Wash off with cold water after 10 minutes.
How To Use Gooseberry For Glowing Skin
- Chop seeded gooseberries and dry them in the sun. Store them in a glass jar. Pop one or two pieces of dried gooseberry in your mouth after lunch every day.
- You can make gooseberry juice and store it in the fridge.
- Add gooseberry pieces to your smoothie or juice.
How To Use Lemon For Glowing Skin
- Add the juice of ½ lemon and 1 teaspoon of organic honey to a glass of water and drink it first thing in the morning. This will help flush out toxins.
- Add lemon juice to your salad.
- For oily skin with pigmentation or acne scars, mix lemon juice with rose water and dab it on your skin and rinse off after 10 minutes.
- For dry skin with pigmentation, mix lemon juice and coconut oil, dab it on your skin and rinse off after 10 minutes.
- To get rid of dark circles, mix 1 tablespoon of lemon juice with 1 teaspoon of milk. Apply it to your under-eye area and rinse off gently after 10 minutes.
- Rub lemon and sugar on the keratinized areas to lighten the skin tone and reduce keratinization.
How To Use Strawberries For Glowing Skin
- Add strawberries to your breakfast bowl.
- Add strawberries to your morning smoothie.
- Halve the strawberries and add them to a salad.
- Add them to cake or muffins.
How To Use Pomegranate For Glowing Skin
- Add it to your salad, hummus, baba ganoush, juice, smoothie, cakes, smoothies, breakfast bowl, or fruit salad.
- You can mash pomegranate seeds and apply the juice all over the affected area. Wash it off after 10 minutes.
- Make a face pack with 1 tablespoon of gram flour, 1 teaspoon of Fuller’s earth, 1 teaspoon of lime juice, and 2 tablespoons of pomegranate juice to treat pigmentation for oily skin.
- If you have dry skin, instead of adding Fuller’s earth, add milk or honey to the above mask.
How To Use Apple For Glowing Skin
- Eat one apple per day as part of a healthy snack with some nuts.
- Add apple slices to your breakfast bowl, oatmeal, or cornflakes.
- Add apple to your smoothie or make apple juice.
- Add apple to your baby spinach and tuna salad.
- Add apples to the cake batter.
- Grate one apple and apply it on your skin. Rinse it after 10 minutes.
- For dry skin, mix grated apple with 1 teaspoon of honey and apply it on your skin. Wash it off with warm water after 10 minutes.
These were some fruits that have special qualities that can help you in getting that glowing skin back. If you want to speed up the results, try working out 2-3 times a week and drink at least 6-8 glasses of water per day in addition to applying and consuming these fruits.
Fruits For The Win!